Monday, September 6, 2010

My Favorite Story! What Makes A Good Story?

Over the Short Story Unit, my favorite story has definitely been Lamb To The Slaughter. This story really caught my attention when the unexpected murder of Patrick Maloney occurred(conflict). It was a very nice and calm normal old times story, until Mary Maloney lost her temper, and finally just clubbed his head as hard as she could. After a while I gained appreciation for Mary Maloney. I felt that if she did not kill her husband, then Mary Maloney would be left alone with her baby and no one to support her. As soon as the murder occurred, the story started to take shape and that is where I was really getting into the story. The Theme in the end was probably the one thing that really let me enjoy the story. The character of Mary Maloney keeps changing, and that is very interesting. In the beginning, Mary Maloney was a normal housewife, but then she turns into a murderer. The resolution was quite hilarious because the weapon of murder had disapeared. I personally thought that the conclusion, was funny but did not really catch my attention.

2 comments:

  1. Hisam, I like your word choice, I esspically liked the way you used terms to describe a story. I feel that in all you have construed a good paragraph.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Hisham, your post really explains everything about why you like it and what makes a good story,the language was great and it had good transitions. =)

    ReplyDelete